A selection of recent media releases, and news stories is available in the database below and can be searched for by year and month.
Please phone 0436 678 215 or 07 3858 5700.
Friday 29 September 2017
The Office of the Governor’s annual report has been tabled in Parliament today.
The annual report is an integral part of the Office of the Governor’s corporate governance framework and describes the achievements, performance, outlook and financial position of the Office for the 2016/17 financial year.
The report is a key accountability document and the principal way in which the Office reports on activities – including regional and international travel in support of Queensland’s interests – and provides a full and complete picture of its performance to Parliament and the wider community.
Highlights from the 2016/17 annual report include:
- 51 visits to regional centres;
- 296 Australian honours, awards and bravery decorations conferred;
- 629 constitutional, ceremonial and community events attended;
- 18,700 visitors to Fernberg;
- Over 3,500,000 impressions of social media accounts; and
- 1 Vice-Regal Dog appointed.