- Government House
- Visit Government House
- Community Bushland Walks
Community Bushland Walks
Government House, in partnership with Health and Wellbeing Queensland, regularly hosts community wellbeing walks through the Fernberg Estate bushland to encourage a healthy and active State.
Our next wellbeing walk will be held on Tuesday, 4 July, during NAIDOC Week, from 9.00am - 10.00am.
Participants should have a medium level of fitness, as there are some challenging hills and uneven surfaces, including gravel pathways. Unfortunately, this event is not wheelchair accessible.
While participation is free, registration is essential. Please register your attendance via the link below.
- Entry to the Estate is via Gate B, with street parking available on Fernberg Road and surrounds.
- The pathway is approximately 1.1km in length and winds its way through the ten hectares of bushland occupying the estate.
- Participants should have a medium level of fitness, as there are some hills and challenging surfaces, including gravel pathways. Unfortunately, this event is not wheelchair accessible.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable walking clothes and sturdy shoes, and to bring a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle.
- Pets (with the exception of assistance dogs) are not permitted.
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland will kindly provide all walkers with complimentary fruit and water.
- Entry to the Government House Estate is subject to all visitors following the protocols outlined on the Government House website.