Community Bushland Walks
Government House, in partnership with Health and Wellbeing Queensland, regularly hosts community wellbeing walks through the Fernberg Estate bushland to encourage a healthy and active State.
Community Bushland walks will recommence in March, 2024 with details to be made available here early in the new year.
Participants should have a medium level of fitness, as there are some challenging hills and uneven surfaces, including gravel pathways. Unfortunately, this event is not wheelchair accessible.
- Entry to the Estate is via Gate B, with street parking available on Fernberg Road and surrounds.
- The pathway is approximately 1.1km in length and winds its way through the ten hectares of bushland occupying the estate.
- Participants should have a medium level of fitness, as there are some hills and challenging surfaces, including gravel pathways. Unfortunately, this event is not wheelchair accessible.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable walking clothes and sturdy shoes, and to bring a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle.
- Pets (with the exception of assistance dogs) are not permitted.
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland will kindly provide all walkers with complimentary fruit and water.
- Entry to the Government House Estate is subject to all visitors following the protocols outlined on the Government House website.