Website Privacy Statement
The Office of the Governor is committed to protecting the privacy of our website users. We understand that visitors to, and users of, this website are concerned about their privacy, and the confidentiality and security of any information they provide to us.
The Information Privacy Act 2009 contains privacy principles which set out how public sector agencies must handle personal information. The Office of the Governor’s Privacy of Personal Information Guide provides details of the types of information we hold and how it is treated.
As a general rule we do not collect personal information about visitors to this site. When information on this website is read or downloaded, our Internet Service Providers record only anonymous information for statistical purposes including:
- The user's IP address;
- The user's Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN);
- The date and time of visit;
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- The previous site visited; and
- The type of browser and operating system used.
These statistics provide information to assist us to make improvements to the content and structure of the website.
Cookies are text files that a website can transfer to a computer when a visitor accesses information on that site. Cookies allow websites to recognise visitors as they browse their website.
The information generated by the cookie about a visitor to the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. If visitors are logged in to the Office's website, information about visitors is NOT linked to data recorded by Google Analytics and is NOT provided to Google.
Information gathered using the Google Analytics cookies includes:
- The number of visitors to the website;
- How visitors arrive at the website, for example, did they type the address in directly, follow a link from another webpage, or arrive via a search engine;
- The number of times each page is viewed and for how long;
- Time and date of visit;
- Geographical location of the visitor;
- Information about what browser was used to view the website and the operating system of the computer;
- Information about whether the browser supports Java and Flash; and
- The speed of the user's internet connection.
Email and correspondence
Unless specified, your name and address will not be added to a mailing list (unless you so request), nor will we disclose these details to third parties without your consent, unless required by law. Email messages may be monitored by authorised IT staff for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
Correspondence received by the Office of the Governor will be processed and maintained in line with the Office's Records Management System and managed, retained, and disposed of in accordance with the Public Records Act 2002, and other relevant legislation and regulations.
Obtaining access to personal information
Requests to update personal information, or queries about our privacy practices, can be directed to:
The Official Secretary
Office of the Governor
GPO Box 434
BRISBANE QLD 4001
T: (07) 3858 5700