Platinum Jubilee Open Day - Saturday 4 June
The gates of Government House opened once again to the public for a special Open Day on Saturday 4 June, 2022, from 11am - 3pm, as part of year-long commemorations of Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
- Parts of Government House and the picturesque, heritage listed gardens of the Fernberg Estate were available to tour
- Members of the public were encouraged to have picnics on the lawn, or take advantage of the food trucks onsite, London Spuds, King of Cakes and Rumour Mill Espresso, all while enjoying live music by the Brisbane Jazz Club
- The Town Crier delivered the Platinum Jubilee Proclamation at noon in front of Her Majesty The Queen’s statue
- Experienced staff and volunteers provided guided tours of the gardens and "History of the House" talks
- Members of the public were able to collect Platinum Jubille water bottles and fill them at the newly unveiled Platinum Jubilee Drinking Fountain located in the Rose Rockeries, where the Governor’s newly planted Sunshine Rose now resides!
- Hear and Say provided free hearing tests, and The Royal Historical Society of Queensland or The Victoria League Brisbane for Commonwealth Friendship were on-site throughout the day