Invite the Governor to an event
The Governor's diary is usually formulated three months in advance.
If you wish to invite the Governor to attend your function (or request the Governor to host an event at Government House), please send your request in writing including the following information:
- Date and time of the function (including the start and envisaged finish times)
- Venue (if the location is regional, please provide a description, e.g. 50 km west of Toowoomba)
- Type of function (e.g. Official Opening of Conference; Christmas Cocktail Reception; Anniversary Dinner; School Speech Night etc.)
- Provide an overview of your organisation (only if the Governor is not your Patron)
- The Governor’s role at the event including if a speech is required
- The invitation must be signed by a senior member of the organisation i.e. President, Chairman, Chief Executive.
Invitations should be addressed to:
Office of the Governor
GPO Box 434
BRISBANE QLD 4001
You will be advised in writing when a decision has been made.
How to Address the Governor:
The correct form of address for the Governor is:
Her Excellency the Honourable Dr Jeannette Young AC PSM
Governor of Queensland
When speaking to the Governor in person, the appropriate way to greet her initially is “Your Excellency”, and thereafter, as “Your Excellency”, “Ma'am”, or “Governor”.
How to Address Professor Nimmo: