Visiting the people and places of Queensland's stunning Scenic Rim
In keeping with Her Excellency’s commitment to visiting Queenslanders where they live, the Governor and Professor Nimmo have toured the State's stunning Scenic Rim.
In what was a packed two-day schedule, the Vice-Regal couple enjoyed a variety of public engagements, including:
- An afternoon tea for representatives of the Scenic Rim community in Beaudesert, at which she chatted with local residents about the things that matter to them.
- A visit to Beaudesert Hospital for a tour of the facility and meet-and-greet with staff, which is a continuation of Her Excellency’s commitment to visiting every public hospital and health centre in the State during her term as Governor.
- A special opportunity to attend Boonah State School’s Leaders Induction and assembly, and to address students, staff, parents and carers and read the Government House publication ‘A Place for All Queenslanders’ to Prep students.
- A briefing from Scenic Rim Regional Council on current issues and areas of focus for the region.
- Very tasty stopovers at Witches Falls Winery and Towri Sheep Cheeses in Allenview. (Yum!)
- A working bee with the Friends of Binna Burra, planting tree saplings as part of an admirable community effort to restore the precious UNESCO World Heritage forest following the devastating fires of 2019.