Family and friends sometimes like to arrange for a special message to be sent to their loved ones celebrating significant milestones such as birthdays and wedding anniversaries. To ensure a congratulatory message is received on time, please begin this process well in advance of the date - four weeks is the minimum time required.
Who signs the message?
|90th||Prime Minister, Premier|
|100th & 105th||The Queen, Governor-General, Governor, Prime Minister, Premier|
|50th||Governor-General, Governor, Premier|
|60th, 65th & 70th||The Queen, Governor-General, Governor, Prime Minister, Premier|
How do I make a request?
A congratulatory letter may be requested for Queenslanders celebrating one of the following milestones:
- 50 years (Golden)
- 60 years (Diamond)
- 65 years (Sapphire)
- 70 years (Platinum)
The request can be made to your State or Federal Member of Parliament, a Senator, or to Government House.
To lodge your request with the Office of the Governor, complete the Request for Congratulatory Letter form and include one of the following supporting documents:
- Birth or Marriage Certificate (photocopy)
- Passport or Citizenship Papers (photocopy)
- Statutory Declaration certifying the date and place of marriage or, if applicable, the date and place of birth.
Forward your completed form and supporting documentation to Government House using one of the following options:
- Post: The Office of the Governor, GPO Box 434, Brisbane Qld 4001
- Fax: (07) 3858 5701
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org