Free Community Bushwalks at Government House
International Youth Day Walk as part of Queensland Walks Month, Friday 12 August
Government House invites you to take part in a community bushwalk around the Fernberg Estate on Friday 12 August 2022 from 9am to 10am (with arrival from 8:45am).
To be held on International Youth Day and as part of Queensland Walks Month, this event is hosted by Government House in partnership with Health and Wellbeing Queensland.
Participation is free, however registration is essential.
- Entry to the Estate is via Gate B, with street parking available on Fernberg Road and surrounds.
- The pathway is approximately 1.1km in length and winds its way through the ten hectares of bushland occupying the estate.
- Participants should have a medium level of fitness, as there are some hills and challenging surfaces, including gravel pathways. Unfortunately, this event is not wheelchair accessible.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable walking clothes and sturdy shoes, and to bring a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle.
- Pets (with the exception of assistance dogs) are not permitted.
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland will kindly provide all walkers with complimentary fruit and water.
- Entry to the Government House Estate is subject to all visitors following the protocols outlined on the Government House website.