Attending an Event
Please stay at home if you feel unwell. Please comply with the latest health advice issued by the Queensland Government.
- Invitations are not transferable.
- The Governor should initially be addressed as “Your Excellency” and thereafter as “Your Excellency”, “Ma’am”, or “Governor” and her husband as “Professor Nimmo”.
- Guests should arrive at Government House no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of the function.
- Limited parking is available within the grounds of Government House; otherwise on-street parking is available.
- If you require assistance on arrival, or access/parking for vehicles for the disabled, please advise Government House as soon as possible, so that arrangements can be made to assist you.
- The taking of videos is not permitted during Government House Functions, or photography within the house.
- As a matter of courtesy, guests are requested to turn their mobile phones off or to silent mode.
For emergency procedures – guests are requested to follow instructions given by Government House staff.