- Government House
- Visit Government House
- Attending an Event
Attending an Event
Queensland Health has declared an Amber Traffic Light Level, and advises that masks are recommended indoors when it is not possible to socially distance. Government House advises visitors that it will likely be difficult to socially distance when entering the House, therefore you may wish to wear a face mask, though they are not mandatory.
Please stay at home if you feel unwell. Please comply with the latest health advice issued by the Queensland Government.
- Invitations are not transferable.
- The Governor should initially be addressed as “Your Excellency” and thereafter as “Your Excellency”, “Ma’am”, or “Governor” and her husband as “Professor Nimmo”.
- Guests should arrive at Government House no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of the function.
- Limited parking is available within the grounds of Government House; otherwise on-street parking is available.
- If you require assistance on arrival, or access/parking for vehicles for the disabled, please advise Government House as soon as possible, so that arrangements can be made to assist you.
- The taking of videos is not permitted during Government House Functions, or photography within the house.
- As a matter of courtesy, guests are requested to turn their mobile phones off or to silent mode.
- For emergency procedures – guests are requested to follow instructions given by Government House staff.