Picnic Sunday - 6 November
The grounds of Government House are regularly opened for members of the public to have picnics on the manicured lawns.
The last Picnic Sunday of the year will be held on Sunday 6 November from 11am to 2pm.
Spread a picnic blanket on the soft lawns and admire the Government House gardens in their full springtime glory, while enjoying live music by Sunnybank Brass Band.
Entry is free, and no registration is required.
• Taking place on Sunday 6 November 2022, 11am-2pm.
• Entry is free via Gate B at 168 Fernberg Road, Paddington.
• Visitors are required to bring everything they need for a picnic, including hats, sunscreen, water bottles, picnic blankets and food. Refillable water fountain onsite.
• The Sunnybank Brass Brand will provide live entertainment.
• Access to the Estate will be to designated areas only.
• Street parking only (available on and near Fernberg Road).
• Picnic days are wheelchair and pram accessible, and staff can assist with drop-offs.
• No Alcohol or pets permitted (with the exception of assistance dogs).
• While there will be no access to the House itself during this event, the House is regularly open on other occasions for free guided tours.
Entry to the Estate and Gardens is dependent on compliance with current Government House Protocol and Queensland Government health guidelines.