Picnic Sundays at Government House
Picnic at Government House on Sunday 7 August
The grounds of Government House will be open on Sunday 7 August 2022 from 11am to 2pm for picnics.
Visitors can bring their own blanket, basket, food and drinks (no alcohol permitted) and find a shady spot in the beautifully manicured formal gardens surrounding Government House – including by the statue of Her Majesty The Queen or under the majestic West Indian Cedar Tree which has shaded the lawns at the front of the House for well over a century.
This event is part of the year-long celebrations of Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, with more Picnic Sundays to be held throughout the year. The next is planned for 25 September.
While entry is free, registrations are essential. Please register your attendance via the link below.
• Taking place on Sunday 7 August 2022, 11am-2pm.
• Entry is free via Gate B at 168 Fernberg Road, Paddington. Registration is essential.
• Visitors are required to bring everything they need for a picnic, including hats, sunscreen, water bottles, picnic blankets and food.
• Street parking only (available on and near Fernberg Road).
• Picnic days are wheelchair and pram accessible, and staff can assist with drop-offs.
• Alcohol and pets are not permitted (with the exception of assistance dogs).
• While there will be no access to the House itself during this event, the House is regularly open on other occasions for free guided tours.
Entry to the Estate and Gardens is dependent on compliance with current Government House COVID-19 Policies, in accordance with Queensland Government health guidelines.